Tuesday 20 November 2012

Don McLoghlin Custom Bartop

  

Here is a post of the custom bar top I recently created.  I made a frame of reinforced, cold-cast bronze and I clear cast layers of  Irish Times newspapers, letters, and photos of my grandparents, my father and my Aunt, circa 1945.  I was commissioned to make it for a shop in Los Angeles that sells designer shirts.  The shop is called Frank and Eileen (FrankandEileen.com) and the bar will be featured at Fred Segal in Santa Monica, California this week. Below are some photos of work in progress and the final stages including the shipping crate I made for a secure trip to LA from London.  The bar will function as the main service counter for the shop. I will post more photos of the completed bar which will have been mounted onto the base of railroad sleepers. Enjoy and visit my website for photos of some of my previous work. (donmcloghlin.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment